UBILLA & CÍA. Attorneys and Counselors, provides legal services at the highest standard of excellence to local and international companies and organizations.
Our firm provides services in a broad range of practice areas –such as corporate, contractual, financing, tax, foreign investment, regulatory, environmental, nature conservation, technology licensing, infrastructure and dispute resolution- with a special focus on generating strategic value for our clients.
Among other areas, we are a leading firm in the field of green and clean technology projects as well as in the area of habitat conservation and environmental or ecosystems services.
Intangibles & Innovation
Innovation has been traditionally linked to economic and business practices. Intangibles have been traditionally linked to “economic assets” and intellectual property.
Tackling Legal Contingencies
Legal contingencies are the result not only of complex and continuously changing legal systems, but most of all of increasingly complex social contexts.
Ubilla & Cía. has developed sophisticated information management tools for our clients, so that they can constantly see and oversee how their legal matters are unfolding...
Ubilla & Cía. is permanently developing new resources for our clients, from traditional newsletters in our Media Room, and reports and memorandums in our Knowledge section.
Recognized as notable practitioners by Chambers and Partners London, for their China, Japan and Chile legal practices.
- Advise to Fundación P. for the development of a new protected area in the 10th Region of Chile.
- Advise a U.S. Nanotech firm in the implementation in Chile of a new clean ocean technology to control the red tide effects in the south of Chile.
- Advise a Chinese nanotech firm in the implementation of water treatment technology for green real estate projects.
Some of our people
Handles international corporate, commercial and financial transactions...
Alfredo Nebreda has vast experience on the areas of corporate, commercial, civil, labor and administrative law...
Shi Wen has large experience in Corporate, M&A, PE and VC projects.
Zhu Liyin has experience in corporate matters, contracts, international trade...
- 30AprArticle by Dr. Jaime Ubilla, the original proposer of the ´conservation right´, in the webpage of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) https://www.iucn.org/news/world-commission-environmental-law/201902/conservation-right-a-new-property-right-sustainability In order to see the full article with references,...12Oct
El Mercurio – Legal: La flexible aplicación del Derecho Real de Conservación: usos privados y públicosLuego de su promulgación, en junio de 2016, el nuevo marco jurídico que plantea el Derecho Real de Conservación ha sentado las bases de un cambio único e innovador en varios sentidos, lo que ha...
El Mercurio – Legal: Derecho Real de Conservación: innovación a 2000 años del Sistema de las Acciones y Derechos RealesEl Derecho Real de Conservación establecido por la Ley 20.930 constituye una estructura normativa que envuelve una histórica innovación al sistema de acciones y derechos reales de la tradición civil románica. Más aún, el carácter...5Sep
The EcoNote – Revista Capital: El Nuevo Paradigma: Proponen presentar Derecho Real de Conservación en el ExtranjeroLuego de su promulgación en junio del año pasado, el nuevo marco jurídico que plantea el Derecho real de Conservación ha sentado las bases de un cambio único e innovador en varios sentidos lo cual...
- 18AugOn August 18 2017, China’s State Council published Guiding Opinions on Further Guiding and Regulating Outbound Investment Orientation (the “Guidelines”) which are collectively issued by the National Development and Reform Commission (“NDRC”), Ministry of Commerce...30JulOn July 30, 2017, the Ministry of Commerce (“MOFCOM”) issued two important regulations relating to foreign investment in China, one is the Decision on Revising the Interim Administrative Measures for the Record-filing of the Establishment and...