Beijing and Shanghai Allow 72-hour Transit without Visa for Citizens from 45 Countries
Starting from January 1, 2013, foreign passengers from 45 countries/regions, with a third country visa and flight ticket, will be able to enjoy the new policy of “72-hour Transit Without Visa (TWOV)” when transiting through Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK), Shanghai Hongqiao Airport (SHA) and Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG). This new policy is designed to boost the tourism industry in Beijing and Shanghai.
The following is the list of the countries/regions that the “72-hour TWOV” policy is applied:
- Twenty-four European Schengen countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland;
- Seven other European countries: Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania and Ukraine;
- Six American countries: the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Chile;
- Two Oceania countries: Australia, and New Zealand;
- Six Asian countries: Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.