Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C.
Spring, 2008 - Immigration Law and Policies.
Spring 2007 - World Trade Organization Law; Japanese Law; Trade and Integration in the Americas
Fall 2006 - Introduction to U.S. Legal Methods & Cross Borders Transactions in Latin America
LL.M Master's of Law, Temple University, Beasley School of Law: Tokyo, Japan (2004-06)
Master of Arts, Harvard University, 1999-2001.
Ph.D. Candidate in International Relations, Sophia University, Tokyo, 1994-1998.
Bachelor in Economics at Universidad de Los Andes, & San Buenaventura, and Bachelor of Law, Universidad Libre of Colombia. 1986.
English, Spanish, Japanese
Personal Practice Summary
Amadeo Hernandez has a long exposure to International Commercial Practice in Japan, USA, and Latin America, in the areas of foreign investment, corporate compliance, international joint ventures, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, and large public procurement contracts. He advises multinational companies on cross-border transactions and complex commercial and licensing arrangements.
Mr. Hernandez is admitted to the New York State Bar, and is member of the American Bar Association. He also has worked in project finance, PPP (private-public partnership) projects in Latin America, and banking finance from private, and multilateral development institutions. He is a multicultural professional also with vast experience in mobilizing resources by building partnerships among international constituencies: governments, corporations, trade and professional organizations, NGO's, philanthropic organizations and academia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US and an Asian corporation in its Latin American operations establishing manufacturing facilities.
- Represented a foreign company in obtaining oil exploration license, establishing and divesting in Latin America.
- Represented a US technology and defense company in government procurement contracts in Latin America.
After earning degrees in both Economics and, he obtained a Master of Arts at Harvard University. He is Ph.D. Candidate in International Relations at Sophia University of Tokyo. He also obtained a LLM from Temple University studying in Tokyo, and Philadelphia campus, as well as at Georgetown University in Washington DC.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- IDB Inter American Development Bank Office in Asia (Tokyo, Japan). Office of Outreach and Partnerships (ORP), Consultant (2010-present)
- IDB Inter American Development Bank (Washington D.C.). Trade and Integration Department (2008-2010)
- Law Offices of J.W. Nesari, LLC, Legal Counsel (2007-2008)
- Baker & Mckenzie - Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Colombia (2006-2007)
- Morris Palerm LLC, Legal Counsel & Off Counsel (2008-2010)